Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy day!

It's a happy day today! I have my first subscriber! YAY! Here I thought that nobody was reading my blog. Hehe! I don't have too much to write about today, unfortunately. However, I did do some very interesting things with my art. I won't go too much into detail, but I can now print my art onto fabric using my printer! It's a very awesome thing to see my art on a totally different medium! The process is very easy, it involves treating the fabric with a product called bubble jet set (for more info click here. ) Then I bond the fabric by ironing it to freezer paper. You do this so it becomes stiff like paper to go through the printer. Then I print, rinse, and dry the fabric! Eazy Peazy! I do have to say that the results are absolutely fantastic! So, by using this process, I no longer have to use something like iron-on transfers on the handbags I make! (Here's an info page that goes a little more into the particulars of the printing process, if you're so inclined.)This means my handbags will last much longer too. This is soooo exciting to me! It finally feels like things are coming together for me. I have enough designs for 5 or 6 handbags, my logo is finished and on fabric and soon I will be opening an Etsy store! And finally if you haven't been to Etsy I highly recommend it! You can find all sorts of hand made things to tickle your fancy. Oh and here's a pic of the finished results. Sorry the picture is sooo crappy, I took it on my cell phone.

(BTW, the yellowish color of the background is actually white, because of the lighting and cell phone. I couldn't take out all the discoloration with photoshop) I swear when I finish making the t-shirt, I'll post a pic of taken with a real camera. Feel free to comment if you wish...

No comments: